Account Development Rep - Full time
We're a small but growing team looking to revolutionize the way organizations share and consume knowledge. We're looking for a motivated Account Development Rep, who is ready to roll up their sleeves at Guru. After launching with a product that our customers truly love, we are now ready to build our outbound sales team to help scale our pipeline.
Knowledge management is a critical need for all companies as soon as they start hiring team members. Almost 30% of a knowledge worker's time is spent just searching for content and information. More importantly, once you do find that knowledge, how do you know if it's still accurate? With our browser extension and slack bot, we live where you work and our verification workflow ensures content is always up-to-date. We are even working on eliminating search altogether, by surfacing knowledge contextually to you within the business apps you use everyday.
We have a supportive & growing customer base, and now it's time for account development resources to help take our growth to the next level. We need someone who can come in and help focus our outbound sales efforts, making them efficient, effective and repeatable.
As an Account Development Rep, your job is to initiate the sales conversation. Through a variety of communication strategies, you will identify if a company would be a viable sales prospect according to preset variables by your sales leader and then use your communication skills to find the right person to speak with and set up meetings. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of the ground floor of building a great company (and sales team culture) and will play a critical role in driving our success.
If you are striving to become an Account Executive at a software company, this position is for you. You'll get ample opportunity to be part of sales engagement with our Account Executives to learn how to position and sell Guru.
What does a successful candidate look like for this role?
- Ability to understand our ideal buyer profile and conduct research through social and professional channels to find and engage
- Familiarity with Twitter, Linkedin, and other social tools for communicating
- Strong can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal/phone and writing skills; you should create your own luck
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Superb organizational/follow up skills
- Ability to learn, reason and adapt quickly to identify a quality lead
- Be your genuine self
- You should work hard in a start-up environment
- Be passionate
- Team player who supports achievement of sales goals
- Ability to maintain complete notes in Salesforce.com CRM system
- You should be tech savvy – gadget lovers a plus
- You have regularly met & exceeded quota in a similar outbound development role previously
- Experience with Salesforce
- Up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices in outbound sales
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or other field with relevant work experience
Benefits to you
- Necessary setup to be successful
- Optional medical/healthcare benefits via Guru's preferred broker
- Meaningful equity (in-line with your experience)
- Delicious, home-brewed beer on tap (including, but not limited to our famous API-IPA, devHops, and null porter exception brews)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Contribute to an energetic, fully engaged culture
- Be a part of a winning team, failure is not an option
This is a full-time position located in our Old City, Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested in applying, please submit your resume to: email@example.com