Account Manager - Full time
We're a small but growing team looking to revolutionize the way organizations share and consume knowledge. We're looking for a highly motivated (our first) Account Manager, who is ready to roll up their sleeves at Guru.
Knowledge management is a critical need for all companies as soon as they start hiring team members. Almost 30% of a knowledge worker's time is spent just searching for content and information. More importantly, once you do find that knowledge, how do you know if it's still accurate? With our browser extension and slack bot, we live where you work and our verification workflow ensures content is always up-to-date. We are even working on eliminating search altogether, by surfacing knowledge contextually to you within the business apps you use everyday.
We have a supportive & growing customer base, and now it's time to expand our customer base to help take growth to the next level. Expansions and upsells are a critical part of our business and we need someone to focus their efforts on maximizing Guru at every customer.
As our first Account Manager, your job is to segment, evaluate and maximize Guru’s value within our growing list of customers. We have customers in all sizes and use cases, so you’ll help to build the Account Management program from the ground up. You’ll own expansion and upsell opportunities at our existing customers. This is a great opportunity for someone with existing sales or customer success experience who understands how to build relationships with customers and wants to be part of the ground floor of building a great company (and sales team culture).
What does a successful candidate look like for this role?
- Ability to identify appropriate upsell and cross sell opportunities within our existing customer base
- Ability to manage & coordinate with our customer success organization for cohesive communication plans with our customers
- Program builder: evaluate, segment our customer base to understand where the opportunities are
- Superb organizational/follow up skills to efficiently interact with our hundreds of existing customers
- Strategic thinker with a 'can-do' attitude
- Excellent verbal/phone and writing skills; you should create your own luck
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Ability to maintain forecast & notes in Salesforce.com CRM system
- Start-up environment means ability to move with a sense of urgency
- Be passionate & your genuine self
- You should be tech savvy – gadget lovers a plus
- 1-3 years of quota carrying software or technology sales experience or experienced customer success background with desire to get into sales
- Experience in managing customer relationships
- Software experience in Software as a Service or Knowledge solution realm
- Track record of over-achieving quota (10-20% of company) in past positions
- Experience with Salesforce
- Up-to-date with the latest technologies
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or other field with relevant work experience
Benefits to you
- Necessary setup to be successful
- Optional medical/healthcare benefits via Guru's preferred broker
- Meaningful equity (in-line with your experience)
- Delicious, home-brewed beer on tap (including, but not limited to our famous API-IPA, devHops, and null porter exception brews)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Contribute to an energetic, fully engaged culture
- Be a part of a winning team, failure is not an option
This is a full-time position located in our Old City, Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested in applying, please submit your resume to: email@example.com