Enterprise Account Executive - Full time
We're a small but growing team looking to revolutionize the way organizations share and consume knowledge. We're looking for a highly motivated (our first) Enterprise Account Executive, who is ready to roll up their sleeves at Guru.
Knowledge management is a critical need for all companies as soon as they start hiring team members. Almost 30% of a knowledge worker's time is spent just searching for content and information. More importantly, once you do find that knowledge, how do you know if it's still accurate? With our browser extension and slack bot, we live where you work and our verification workflow ensures content is always up-to-date. We are even working on eliminating search altogether, by surfacing knowledge contextually to you within the business apps you use everyday.
We have a supportive & growing customer base, and now it's time to take our customer base and growth to the next level. We need someone with enterprise software sales experience who can come in and help make that a reality.
As our first Enterprise Account Executive, your job is to own the sales conversation with our larger prospects. You’ll own the sales process from initial conversation through signature and help us define the sales motion to make Guru successful at these larger sized companies. This is an opportunity for someone with enterprise sales experience who wants to be part of the ground floor of building a great company (and sales team culture) and will play a critical role in driving our success.
What does a successful candidate look like for this role?
- Ability to network and engage enterprise prospects that may need Guru
- Once engaged, identify appropriate solution for enterprise customer needs
- Ability to manage & coordinate complex sales-cycles with multiple decision makers
- Strategic thinker
- Strong can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal/phone and writing skills; you should create your own luck
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Superb organizational/follow up skills
- Ability to learn, reason and adapt quickly to identify a quality lead
- Ability to maintain forecast & notes in Salesforce.com CRM system
- You should work hard in a start-up environment
- Be passionate & your genuine self
- You should be tech savvy – gadget lovers a plus
- 5-7 years of quota carrying software or technology sales experience
- Experience in managing & closing 6-figure deals
- Software experience in Software as a Service or Knowledge solution realm
- Track record of over-achieving quota (10-20% of company) in past positions
- Experience with Salesforce
- Up-to-date with the latest technologies
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or other field with relevant work experience
Benefits to you
- Necessary setup to be successful
- Optional medical/healthcare benefits via Guru's preferred broker
- Meaningful equity (in-line with your experience)
- Delicious, home-brewed beer on tap (including, but not limited to our famous API-IPA, devHops, and null porter exception brews)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Contribute to an energetic, fully engaged culture
- Be a part of a winning team, failure is not an option
This is a full-time position located in our Old City, Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested in applying, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org